Friday, February 1, 2013

My Life's Mission

It isn't uncommon to hear that changes in major and plans for the future occur everyday. I take pride in believing that I have been blessed with knowing what I want to do with my life ever since I can remember. Being a doctor and helping people is what I truly believe I was put on this earth to do. I have an unmatched sense of compassion for the ill and underprivileged. When I was a child, I remember watching the Discovery Health Channel as opposed to cartoons every morning. Being able to change one's future or giving someone a new chance at life is something that I know I must do for others who cannot provide that for themselves.
 Many adults always told me to keep an open mind and they advised me to not be discouraged if I were to make changes after coming to college due to the extensive workload associated with a Pre Med Major. I would always politely respond but knew deep down that I would make my dream come true no matter what it took. After having attended Texas A&M for two years, I have been surrounded by hundreds of students with the same aspirations as me, yet I have also seen many students give up on their dreams in order to pursue an easier, less time consuming career path. No matter how tough school continues to become, my determination has never wained. I aspire to become an Obstetrician because I believe life is a precious gift and want to help women bring new life into the world. Once I have years of experience under my belt I am determined to make my dream come true and become a member of the Doctors Without Borders team. I will then have the opportunity to travel to third world countries and provide the underprivileged women with the safest birthing process possible.
I take every opportunity I can to become more educated and skillful to prepare for the life plans I have ahead of me. I will do whatever it takes to accomplish my goals in life. I use the set backs I encounter in life as motivation to keep me focused. I look forward to the future when I am able to give back to my community and those who never stopped believing in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment